June 19, 2011

Remembering Coluche


I wasn't in France yet when Coluche died. This June marks the 25th year of his death. He created Les Restos du Coeur (an association to feed the needy).
I've tried over the years to listen to his many recordings and videos. He's one of the best comics --- and social commentators --- ever.  As far as I know, his work has never been translated, but for those of you who can understand French, here's one of his sketches about being polite --- La politesse.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Megan said...

My FIL loves Coluche.

Rob-bear said...

My French couldn't quite handle the presentation. Malheruesement.

He was obviously very good.

Samantha Vérant said...

I saw the news the other day, but I had no idea who he was. Anyway, he's got quite the strong accent...

Flo said...

I love him, he did a lot in France - great things for the people. Once he made a joke as presenting himself for the presidential election and also did a "fake" mariage with another comic (Thierry Luron, it was really funny - you may find it on youtube too!) His films are great too, some funny and some more serious but he did things that nobody else dare doing - shame we need more people like him!

claude said...

Un bel hommage à Coluche, Dedene !
Ce qui est malheureux pour les Restos du Coeur, c'est que cela dure toujours. Cela prouve que rien ne vas dans ce pays.
En général je ne râte jamùais une émission de télé avec lui, il est franchement trop drôle.

Vagabonde said...

Coluche was so funny – I tried to translate some of his jokes, but that is so hard, humour is difficult to translate. When I hear a joke in English very often it goes over my head.